Current Affairs News:
1. India and Qatar signed seven agreements, including on investment and tourism promotion, following delegation level talks headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Qatar Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.
2. Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic came out the first French pair to win a Grand Slam women’s doubles tennis title in 45 years after beating Ekaterina Makarova/Elena Vesnina of Russia at the French Open.
3. The Central Information Commission has directed IDBI Bank to disclose details of alleged loan default by Gurgaon-based entertainment group Kingdom of Dreams in “larger public interest”.
4. Former Mr Universe and celebrated body-builder Manohar Aich died at his home here following old age-related health complications. He was 104.
5. “The Centre in a joint venture with the Goa government is planning to have a satellite port which will be 35 kilometres away from Mormugao Port Trust in Balli village of South Goa.
6. India Post issued the first postal stamp on e-commerce, “My stamp” in which e-commerce company Amazon has been displayed.
7. AIIMS adopted a patient “policy, under which the patient who is not able to afford or cannot afford the equipment needed for home rehabilitation, funds will be sought for them from public.
8. Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse resigned from his post.
9. City-based non-profit organisation Dastkar celebrated the environment weekend from June 3 to June 5 at Gali-E-Khaas in Nature Bazaar.
10. Feliciano and Marc Lopez of Spain won the French Open men’s doubles title at Roland Garros defeating Bob and Mike Bryan 6-4, 6-7 (6/8) 6-3 in the final.
11. World Environment Day observed with theme Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife
12. Manohar Aich: Top Indian bodybuilder dies, aged 104
13. Garbine Muguruza of Spain won 2016 French Open Women’s Singles tennis title
14. India, Qatar inked 7 agreements to boost cooperation
15. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar launches Right to Public Grievance Redressal Act
16. Odisha becomes first Indian state to give pension and food benefits to transgenders
17. World's first 3D-printed aircraft THOR displayed at International Aerospace Exhibition
18. Telangana government has signed an MoU with California (US) for cooperation in fields of business innovation, alternative energy, and education.
19. V Narayanasamy sworn in as the Chief Minister of Puducherry.
20. India Gets Swiss Support For Entry Into Elite Nuclear Club, NSG (Nuclear Suppliers Group)
21. Delhi court convicts 5 persons in 2014 Danish Woman gang rape case.
22. Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray to win 1st French Open title
Current Affairs Quiz:
1. Who of the following was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry?
a) Shah Jahan
b) M Kandasamy
c) V Narayanasamy
d) Mukul Wasnik
2. Name the South Asian Games gold medallist Indian judoka who qualified for the Rio Olympic Games under 90-kg weight category.
a) Midhun Jith
b) Avtar Singh
c) Najib Aga
d) Rajwinder Kaur
3. Name the state that launched Right to Public Grievance Redressal Act to disposal of peoples' complaints or redressal of grievances from Government officials within 60-days.
b) West Bengal
4. Name the state assembly that passed the Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016.
5. India in June 2016 signed seven agreements in various fields including assistance in custom matters, skill development and recognition of qualifications and health with which country?
6. Who of the following won the 2016 French Open Men’s singles title?
a) Roger Federer
b) Andy Murray
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Rafael Nadal
7. 2016 World Environment Day was observed on 5 June 2016 with theme
a) Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife
b) Raise Your Voice Not the Sea Level
c) One Planet. Consume with Care.
d) Wetlands for our Future – Sustainable Livelihoods
8. Who was recently appointed as the Managing Director of State Bank of Mysore?
a) N.K. Chari
b) CR Sasikumar
c) Raghunath Sahay
d) None of the above
9. Which state has recently become the first Indian state to give pension and food benefits to transgender people?
10. Who was recently appointed as the Managing Director of State Bank of Travancore?
a) N.K. Chari
b) Raghunath Sahay
c) CR Sasikumar
d) None of the above
11. Identify the chemical compound for which NASA scientists located 39 unreported and major human-made sources of its emissions across the world.
a) Sulphur dioxide
b) Hydrogen Monoxide
c) Ethyl Chloride
12. Where Airbus did displayed the world's first 3D-printed aircraft THOR at the International Aerospace Exhibition?
13. Who was the first Indian woman to be nominated for International Olympic Committee?
a) Shiela Dixit
b) Smriti Irani
c) Nita Ambani
d) Anjum Chopra
14. Who was awarded the prestigious Olympic Order by the International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
a) Arvind Kejriwal
b) Sarbanand Sonowal
c) Milkha Singh
d) N Ramachandran
15. Who was the first Indian to win the Mr Universe title who died on 5 June 2016 in Kolkata at the age of 104?
a) Manohar Aich
b) Mahashta Murasi
c) MuraliManohar Deora
d) None of these
1. (c) V Narayanasamy
2. (b) Avtar Singh
3. (c) Bihar
4. (a) Assam
5. (a) Qatar
6. (c) Novak Djokovic
7. (a) Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife
8. (a) N.K. Chari
9. (b) Odisha
10. (c) CR Sasikumar
11. (a) Sulphur dioxide
12. (b) Schoenefe
13. (c) Nita Ambani
14. (d) N Ramachandran
15. (a) Manohar Aich