Current Affairs News:
1. According to 2016 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI), India has jumped 13 positions from last year to rank second among 30 developing countries this year on ease of doing business. China has been placed at first place in this report.
2. Pegging India’s ‘black economy’ at over Rs 30 lakh crore or about 20 per cent of total GDP , a new study of Ambit Capital Research says that black economy has been contracting gradually over the years but still remains bigger than the overall economic size of countries like Thailand and Argentina .
3. The world’s largest food retailer Nestle and Chinese E-commerce Company Alibaba announced their partnership to increase online selling. Under this initiative, Nestle will launch its biggest e-commerce campaign ever with its diverse products, spanning 30 brands from coffee to baby formula, being sold on Alibaba’s expansive e-commerce platforms such as Tmall.
4. World No. 1 Serbian tennis Player, Novak Djokovic defeated Andy Murray of Britain to win his first men’s singles French Open title and with this he has become the third man in tennis history to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time.
5. India was chosen to co-chair the important Working Group on Improving Maritime Situational Awareness (MSA).This decision was taken in the 19th Plenary Session of the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS) in Mahe, Seychelles. Seychelles is the current chairman of the CGPCS for the biennium 2016-17.
6. Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu launched Tiger Express train on the World Environment Day. The objective of the train is to create awareness about our national animal, the Tiger.
7. Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia and Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei won the men’s and women’s singles title respectively in the Indonesia Open.
8. Lucknow will host the FIH Junior Men’s Hockey World Cup 2016. The countries that will participate in the Junior World Cup, include hosts India, Argentina, Autralia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Egypt, England, Pakistan, Germany, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa and Spain.
9. Bollywood actress Dia Mirza has been named the ambassador for Swachh Bharat Mission’s youth-based ‘Swachh Saathi’ (student internship) programme.
10. Swachh Yug campaign to make gram panchayats along Ganga open defecation free
11. Facebook Appoints Former Adobe Executive Umang Bedi As
India Managing Director
12. Nitin Gadkari launches Setu Bhartam project in Himachal Pradesh
13. Kulmeet Bawa appointed Adobe MD for South Asia
14. Supreme Court refuses to order a CBI probe into Mathura violence that left 29 people dead.
15. Dia Mirza named Ambassador for Swachh Saathi programme
16. US Army Reserve officer Deshauna Barber crowned as Miss USA 2016
17. FIR registered against four persons including Class 10+2 Arts and Science toppers in connection with irregularities in Bihar School Examination Board results.
Current Affairs Quiz:
1. Who was named as the ambassador for Swachh Saathi (student internship) programme?
a) Dia Mirza
b) riyanka Chopra
c) Aishwarya Rai Bachcha
d) Sania Mirza
2. Name the unusual astronomical object that was formed when two galaxies are exactly aligned and was discovered by an international team of astrophysicists.
a) Thompson Watermelon
b) Optical Einstein ring
c) Cylindrical Constellation
d) None of these
3. What is the other name of the America’s International Expedited Traveller Initiative to which India became the ninth country to enter into an agreement?
a) The America Entry Programme
b) Washington-California Expedia
c) The Global Entry Programme
d) The American Expedia
4. Name the professional mixed martial artist who died at age 42 recently.
a) Muhammad Ali
b) Myke Tyson
c) Harry O'Connor
d) Kimbo Slice
5. At which University did the scientists unlock a crucial part of the mystery as to how the DNA can replicate and repair itself?
a) The University of Sheffield
b) The University of London
c) The University of California
d) The Delhi University
6. Who was recently appointed as Managing Director for Adobe South Asia?
a) Umag Bedi
b) Rajveer Kaushal
c) Kulmeet Bawa
d) Manohar Sharma
7. As per a High Power Committee that submitted its report to Union Ministry of Urban Development an estimated package of 19762 crore is required to decongest traffic of which of the following cities?
8. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar recently laid foundation stone for Jai Jawan Awas Yojna in which of the following cities/towns?
9. The Delhi Government recently announced implementation of its solar policy, which aims at installation of 1 GW solar power capacity by
10. Which state government is planning to launch medical insurance of two lakh rupees for BPL families?
b) Uttar Pradesh
11. According to the Ministry of Railway all the railway coaches will have bio-toilets under ‘Clean Railway – Clean India’ initiative by which year?
12. The International Olympic Committee approved a white tiger named ‘Soohorang’ as the mascot for 2018 winter Olympics which will be hosted by
b) South Korea
13. What was India’s rank in the biannual Good Country Index 2015?
14. Identify India’s renowned sand-artist who won a gold medal in the World Sand Art Championship in Bulgaria.
a) Sudarsan Pattnaik
b) Rahul Arya
c) Anjali Chandrashekhar
d) None of them
15. Swachh Yug campaign was launched by the Union Government to make gram panchyats along this river open defecation free.
1-(a) Dia Mirza
2- (b) Optical Einstein ring
3- (c) The Global Entry Programme
4- (d) Kimbo Slice
5- (a) The University of Sheffield
6- (c) Kulmeet Bawa
7- (a) Delhi
8- (b) Bahadurgarh
9- (a) 2020
10- (c) Jharkhand
11- (b) 2019
12- (b) South Korea
13- (d) 70
14- (a) Sudarsan Pattnaik
15- (d) Ganga