Current Affairs News:
1. International Yoga Day Event To Be Held In Chandigarh on June 21
2. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana to be launched in Odisha on June 20
3. Rohan Bopanna officially enters top-10, secures direct entry for Rio 2016 Olympics
4. Shahid Rasool takes charge as Director of Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia
5. Adani Enterprises to set up 1 mn tonne copper plant in Mundra
6. India to host junior men's hockey World Cup in December
7. Union Government launched Surya Mitra Mobile App
8. World Oceans Day observed across the world
9. Amber Gurung, composer of Nepali National Anthem, passes away
10. US election: Hillary Clinton becomes presumptive Democratic nominee, hails 'milestone' for women
11. Guwahati, Assam became the first city in the country to have its own City Animal with the Kamrup Metropolitan district administration declaring the Gangetic river dolphin as the mascot.
12. According to the Forbes Magazine, American Tennis Star Serena Williams has overtaken Maria Sharapova as the World’s highest-paid sportswoman.
13. In line with the government’s Digital India campaign, PC maker Dell has announced the launch of ‘Aarambh’ – a pan-India initiative aimed at spearheading the use of personal computer (PC) for education.
14. Deshauna Barber, Logistic Commander and IT Analyst of United States (US), was crowned as the Miss USA 2016. With this, Barber became the first-ever military member to win Miss USA title.
15. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), a Public Private Partnership (PPP) body under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, announced the appointment of Manish Kumar as MD and CEO and Jayant Krishna as ED and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
16. The coast guards of India and South Korea will hold a 4-day joint exercise ‘Sshyog-Hyeoblyeog-2016’ in Chennai from June 8 to 11.
17. In a report, Yes Bank said that Indian economy is expected to grow at 8.1 per cent in the current fiscal year 2016-17.
18. India’s two-wheeler manufacturing major Hero MotoCorp Ltd will be the title sponsor of the men’s Hockey Champions Trophy 2016 which will be held in London from June 10-17.
19. Switzerland has supported India’s membership to the Nuclear Suppliers’ Group. With this Switzerland has also agreed to share informations on Money laundering and tax evasion.
11. Amazon to invest $3 billion in India
Current Affairs Quiz
1. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on 7 June 2016 approved 1.5 billion US dollar loan to which country?
c) Sri Lanka
2. What was the theme of World Oceans Day that was observed on 8 June 2016?
a) Wave the heat
b) Healthy oceans, healthy planet
c) Let Oceans breathe
d) Oceans: Life Providers
3. Which State government became the first Indian state to launch the App on Air Quality Index?
a) Uttar Pradesh
4. Who took charge as the Director of the Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA)?
a) Shahid Rasool
b) Sidharth Lingwal
c) Arjun Arya
d) Kshitij Kapoor
5. Name the Mobile App that was launched by Union Government to enhance the employment of trained youth in solar PV technology.
a) Surya Mitra
d) None of these
6. Name the country that decided to cut off Internet access for government work stations within a year for security reasons.
d) Sri Lanka
7. Name the country where 1st Yoga Championship was organised by India.
8. Which mission demonstrated the technology that is needed to build a space-based gravitational wave observatory?
a) Mars Orbiter Mission
b) Apollo Mission
c) Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)
d) LISA Pathfinder mission
9. Who was appointed as the head of one-man judicial commission by the Uttar Pradesh Government to probe violence in Mathura in early June 2016?
a) Prakash Singh
b) Mirza Imtiyaz
c) Akhilesh Ranjan
d) Mahesh Kumar Singla
10. Who wrote the book titled The World in 2050- Striving for a more just, Prosperous and Harmonious Global Community?
a) Harinder Kohli
b) K P Mathur
c) Rana Ayyub
d) Husain Haqqani
11. Who topped the 2016 Forbes World's Highest-Paid Female Athlete list?
a) Maria Sharapova
b) Serena Williams
c) Ronda Rousey
d) Danica Patrick
12. Name the famous theatre personality and co-founder of theatre group Awishkar who passed away recently.
a) Bhakti Barve
b) Radhika Mohan
c) Seema Parab
d) Sulabha Deshpande
13. The Tiger Trail Circuit Train was recently flagged off from Delhi Safdarjung Station to spread awareness about the wildlife. Which of the following National Parks is included in the itinerary of the train?
a) Bandhavgarh National Park
b) Satpura National Park
c) Pench National Park
d) Panna National Park
14. Which country conferred its highest civilian honour Amir Amanullah Khan Award on Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
c) Saudi Arabia
15. With which country India held the Desert Eagle II bilateral military exercise?
a) Saudi Arabia
b) United Arab Emirates
1. (c) Sri Lanka
2. (b) Healthy oceans, healthy planet
3. (c) Rajasthan
4. (a) Shahid Rasool
5. (a) Surya Mitra
6. (c) Singapore
7. (b) Egypt
8. (d) LISA Pathfinder mission
9. (b) Mirza Imtiyaz
10. (a) Harinder Kohli
11. (b) Serena Williams
12. (d) Sulabha Deshpande
13. (a) Bandhavgarh National Park
14. (b) Afghanistan
15. (b) United Arab Emirates