Current Affairs News:
1. Venkaiah Naidu launches 'Swachh Map' app of Rajkot civic body
2. Microsoft released Malware Infection Index 2016
3. Major General Per Lodin appointed to head UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
4. Forbes releases 2016 World's 100 Highest-Paid Athletes list
5. BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2016 released
6. MTCR, NSG and Other Global Initiatives against WMD & India's Stance
7. G Kalyanakrishnan took over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex
8. NIIF, Qatar Investment Authority signed MoU to facilitate investment in Indian infrastructure sector
9. India signs Europe-led clampdown on tax evasion and corruption
10. Union Government releases the Road Accidents in India 2015 Report
11. A 30-year old Indian entrepreneur Umesh Sachdev has been named by Time magazine to its 2016 list of “10 millennials who are changing the world” for building a phone which can help people to interact and access critical services by communicating in their native languages.
12. Indian-American author Akhil Sharma won the prestigious 100,000-euro International Dublin Literary Award, the world’s richest award for a single novel, for his second novel ‘Family Life’.
13. Jharkhand was adjudged ‘top performing state’ under the Digital India Programme.
14. Bihar is at the top among all states and Union Territories (UTs) in terms of steps taken to improve the ease of doing business according to a ranking done on a real-time basis by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP). Bihar is followed by Telangana and Jharkhand in the ranking.
15. Russian President Vladimir Putin awarded United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon with the ‘Order of Friendship’ award. He was awarded for strengthening peace, friendship, cooperation and mutual understanding between peoples.
16. Director of movies like ‘The Martian’, ‘Gladiator’ and ‘Blade Runner’, Ridley Scott will be honoured with the 30th American Cinematheque Award. ‘
17. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has appointed Swedish Major General Per Lodin, a logistics expert, to head the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) that monitors the situation in Kashmir. India does not recognize the UNMOGIP’s mandate.
18. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched free Wi-Fi service and other passenger amenities in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He also inaugurated a new mechanized laundry, a water vending machine and integrated security systems and automatic accident relief medical vehicle.