Curent Affairs News:
1. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated six rail facilities in Bihar including flagging off the weekly Motihari-Anand Vihar Champaran Satyagrah Express. He flagged off the weekly Champaran Satyagrah Express at a function organised at M S College ground through remote and dedicated three Road Over Bridges at Danapur (Patna), Motihari and Begusarai railway stations.
2. Star Health Insurance entered into bancassurance agreement with Bank of India to market the health insurer’s products across the public sector lenders’ branches across the country.
3. India, Japan and the US kicked off their annual naval war exercise named Malabar Exercise near South China Sea. The 8-day joint exercises will see in action over 100 aircraft and 22 naval ships including a nuclear submarine. India and the US have regularly conducted the annual exercise since 1992.
4. Realty portal Magicbricks has partnered with State Bank of India (SBI) to organize an online ‘home-buying festival’.
5. Reserve Bank has cancelled registration of three NBFCs namely Escorts Finance, Jayant Security and Finance and Express Trading & Securities.
6. Legendary Canadian ice hockey player Gordie Howe passed away. He was 88.
7. National award-winning actor Kangana Ranaut, Director SS Rajamouli and Bollywood sensation Ranveer Singh got the Special Achievement Award (creme de la creme) at the CNN-News18 ‘Indian of the Year’ 2015 awards.
8. Tourism Ministry said that USA occupies the top slot followed by UK and China Amongst the Countries Availing E-Tourist Visa Facility during May 2016.
9. Olympic champion shooter Abhinav Bindra has been chosen as the flag bearer of the Indian contingent at the Rio Games’ opening ceremony on August 5.
10. G Kalyanakrishnan took over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex