Current Affairs News:
1. Bariatric surgeon Shashank S Shah has been honoured with the American Diabetes Associations ‘Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award 2016’ for his contribution in the field of gastric bypass surgery for diabetes.
2. According to global financial services firm DBS, recovery in the Indian economy will continue to be ‘uneven’ and the GDP growth expected to increase from 7.6 per cent to 7.8 per cent in the current fiscal 2016-17.
3. China launched the 23rd BeiDou navigation satellite to support its global navigation and positioning network. The satellite, launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province, was taken into orbit by a Long March-3C carrier rocket.
4. Former England captain Donald Carr died. He was 89.
5. Indian badminton star Saina Nehwal defeated China’s Sun Yu to win her second Australian Open Super Series title.
6. Lewis Hamilton won the Canadian Grand Prix title for the fifth time and continuously for the second time.
7. India has created a world record by installing 65000 solar pumps in the wake of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s commitment of making the country a clean energy capital.
8. The Indian men’s 4x400m relay team created a new national record, clocking 3:02.17 at the International Sprint and Relay Teams Cup. They bettered the previous record of 3:02.62 set at the 1998 Asian Games in Bangkok.
Current Affairs Quiz:
1. Who of the following assumed charge as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court?
a) Justice Deepak Gupta
b) Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad
c) Justice Navin Sinha
d) Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela
2. Who of the following was appointed as the first woman chairperson of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council (NCHAC) in Assam?
a) Ranu Langthasa
b) Mamoni Raisom Goswami
c) Sourabhee Debbarma
d) Kamalika Ghosh
3. The Central Port Authorities Act 2016 drafted by Ministry of Shipping will replace the Major Port Trust Act of the year?
4. Which state government served Leave India notice to eight Chinese nationals working under a Thai company at the Dhamra Port of the State?
d) Andhra Pradesh
5. Who of the following will handle the portfolio of Delhi Transport Ministry held by Gopal Rai who was removed from it during a reshuffle that took place within the state government?
a) Satyender Jain
b) Naresh Yadav
c) Sanjeev Jha
d) Nitin Tyagi
6. Which country’s President ordered an unannounced inspection of its Armed Forces during which the readiness of military arsenals will be assessed?
c) North Korea
7. Who won the 2016 Canada Grand Prix of Formula 1 title?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Sebastian Vettel
c) Valtteri Bottas
d) Nico Rosberg
8. What is the name of the service launched by the Indian Railways to provide for baby food items at stations and children’s menu items on trains?
a) Sishu Sewa
b) Janani Sewa
c) Kishor Sewa
d) Tarun Sewa
9. Union Government constituted a five member team to assess the existing water bodies, farm pond and other sources of irrigation in the selected districts of which state?
b) West Bengal
c) Uttar Pradesh
10. What was the theme of the 2016 World Blood Donors Day that was observed on 14 June 2016?
a) Thank you for saving my life
b) Safe blood for saving mothers
c) Give the gift of life
d) Blood connects us all
11. What was the slogan of the 2016 World Blood Donors Day that was observed on 14 June 2016?
a) Share life, give blood
b) Give freely, give often. Blood donation matters
c) Every blood donor is a hero
d) None of the above
12. Microsoft Corporation recently announced that it is going to acquire which of the following professional social networking websites?
13. Tata Power Co. Ltd recently signed an agreement to acquire which of the following renewable energy companies?
a) Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd
b) A2Z Group
c) Anwell Technologies
d) Suzlon Energy
14. Ratan Tata recently invested in which of the following e-ticketing companies?
15. Name the bollywood actress, who was nominated for 2016 Teen Choice Awards.
a) Priyanka Chopra
b) Shilpa Shetty
c) Anushka Sharma
d) Kangana Ranaut
1. (b) Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad
2. (a) Ranu Langthasa
3. (b) 1963
4. (a) Odisha
5. (a) Satyender Jain
6. (d) Russia
7. (a) Lewis Hamilton
8. (b) Janani Sewa
9. (c) Uttar Pradesh
10. (d) Blood connects us all
11. (a) Share life, give blood
12. (c) LinkedIn
13. (a) Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd
14. (b) Kyazoonga
15. (a) Priyanka Chopra