Current Affairs News:
1. DCB Bank launched its first Aadhaar-based ATM in Bengaluru. This ATM accepts Aadhaar number and Aadhaar fingerprint (biometric) to dispense cash and it will not require any ATM/Debit Card and PIN.
2. Major Technology Company Microsoft and Professional Networking Website LinkedIn have entered into an agreement under which Microsoft will acquire LinkedIn for $26.2 billion.
3. India and Ghana signed three MoUs including the waiver of visa for diplomatic and official passports, establishment of a joint commission to periodically monitor various aspects of multidimensional relationship, and helping in training of Ghanaian Foreign services.
4. The Wholesale Price Index (WPI) rose 0.79% in May from 0.34% in April 2016.
5. Tony Fernandes, group CEO of Malaysia’s AirAsia, has been given the ‘Overseas Citizenship of India’ (OCI) status by the Indian Government.
6. Israel has been elected to head the United Nations’ legal committee. It is the first time that Israel will head one of the world body’s six permanent committees since joining the U.N. in 1949.
7. Dell and Shiv Nadar University signed an agreement to collaborate and drive research and innovation. Under this agreement, Dell will engage with faculty members at the university to mentor students and jointly work on technology projects in areas such as big data, cloud computing and Internet of Things.
8. According to a report of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), at present Pakistan have around 110 to 130 Nuclear weapons while India have around 100 to 120 nuclear weapons. The report says that US, Russia, Britain, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea — have 15,395 nuclear warheads in 2016.
9. The Central Statistics Office (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the inflation rates based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) for May, 2016. According to Consumer Price Index, retail inflation rate was 5.76 per cent in May, 2016.
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) unveiled a new scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A) for reworking the financial structure of big corporate entities facing genuine difficulties. The scheme will be considered if the aggregate exposure (including accrued interest) of all institutional lenders in the account is more than Rs 500 crore.
Current Affairs Quiz:
1. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day observed globally on 15 June 2016 was adopted by UNGA via a resolution adopted in the year?
2. A Jupiter-like planet, Kepler-1647b, orbiting a system of two stars was found by the scientists in which constellation?
3. Who was recently elected as the President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly?
a) Mogens Lykketoft
b) Andreas Mavroyiannis
c) Peter Thomson
d) None of the above
4. The United Nations General Assembly recently elected which of the following countries as Chair of UN Sixth Committee, also called Law Committee?
5. Union Government approved a series of measures for the abatement of pollution and for the conservation and preservation of lakes in which city?
6. According to a new research led by the University of Southampton, identify the kind of fossils that provide evidence of the number of species that can exist on Earth.
a) Snail-like fossils
b) Grape-like fossils
c) Spongy Fossils
d) Popcorn-like fossils
7. Name the Florida based bank which will become the first US bank to issue credit card for use in Cuba by Americans.
a) Stonegate Bank
b) Wells Fargo Bank
c) SunTrust Bank
d) USAmeri Bank
8. What is the title of the report released jointly by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and INTERPOL on environmental crime?
a) The Environmental Crime Report
b) The Rise of Environmental Crime
c) The End of Environmental Crime
d) The Fall of Environmental Crime
9. What is the name of the solitary dwarf galaxy – touted to be the most isolated galaxy – that was captured by the Hubble Telescope?
b) Hot Jupiter
c) UGC 4879
d) None of these
10. Who became the first Indian Cricketer to score a century in his debut ODI Match?
a) KL Rahul
b) Robin Uthappa
c) Manish Pandey
d) Md Azharuddin
1. (c) 2011
2. (b) Cygnus
3. (c) Peter Thomson
4. (b) Israel
5. (b) Bengaluru
6. (d) Popcorn-like fossils
7. (a) Stonegate Bank
8. (b) The Rise of Environmental Crime
9. (c) UGC 4879
10. (a) KL Rahul