Current Affairs News:
1. Three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes celebrated his first win of the Formula One season Monaco Grand Prix . Australian Daniel Ricciardo finished second for Red Bull, with Mexican Sergio Perez third for Force India.
2. Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar launched his clothing brand ‘True Blue’ with actor Riteish Deshmukh as a showstopper for the fashion event
3. Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma said the Centre has started the process to disinvest its stake and privatise 14 out of 16 hotels run by the India Tourism Development Corporation. The move is aimed at improving the state-owned firm’s financial health
4. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) will give state-wise monsoon forecast from 2017, said Union Minister Harsh Vardhan. This move will be further extended to include other seasons from 2018-19.
5. Indian discus thrower Seema Punia has qualified for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro. With a throw of 62.62 metres, Seema beat the Olympic qualification mark of 61.00 metres and won the gold medal at Pat Young Thrower’s Classic, California.
6. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will be launching a record number of 22 satellites in a single mission in June. Of the 22 satellites, three are Indian and the rest are all commercial ones.
7. Real Madrid defeated Atletico Madrid 5-3 in the penalty shoot-out to win their eleventh Champions League title. The Los Blancos have won the Champions League the most number of times.
8. The Income Tax Department said the provisions of the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR) will be effective from the financial year 2017-18.
Current Affairs Quiz: