Current Affairs News:
1. India, the world’s third largest steel producer, was among the top 10 importers of the alloy in 2015, according to the latest data by the global industry body World Steel Association (WSA).
2. With a view to strengthen security of women passengers in trains, Central Railway (CR) has introduced ‘panic button’ system to alert officials in case of an emergency.
3. Vice-Admiral A R Karve took charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Southern Naval Command (SNC) from Vice Admiral Girish Luthra.
4. Celebrated Italian theatre and film actor-director Giorgio Albertazzi died. He was 92.
5. India’s Kirti Gupta won the individual gold as well as team gold medal in trap event at the 8th International Junior Shotgun Cup shooting 2016 at Orimattila, Finland.
6. Prolific Japanese animator Makiko Futaki, known for her work on films like “Akira” and 2002 Oscar-winner “Spirited Away”, died. She was 57. ‘
7. RCB’s captain Virat Kohli won the Orange cap by securing record 973 runs in IPL 9 while Bhuvneshwar Kumar won the Purple cap. Orange Cap is given to the highest scorer of the tournament and Purple cap is given to the highest wicket taker.
8. Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Royal Challengers Banglore by 8 runs in the final match to win the IPL-9 title.
9. Ashok Lavasa designated as Finance Secretary
10. The Union Ministry of Urban Development has notified a fare fixation committee (FFC) for recommending revised fares of Delhi Metro.
11. North Korea attempted to fire a missile from its east coast early but the launch appears to have failed
12. State Bank of India has become the top merchant acquiring bank in the country.
13. The Indradhanush programme,which provides immunisation against 7 life threatening diseases is expected to expand.
14. India has moved up three spots from last year to 41 on the IMD World Competitiveness Scoreboard, 2016.
15. AAP leader and Delhi Assembly Dy Speaker Bandana Kumari quits
16. David Weir sets world record in 1-mile wheelchair race.
Current Afairs Quiz: