Current Affairs News:
1. India joined global ballistic missile proliferation regime Hague Code of Conduct (HCoC). The HCoC is a voluntary, legally non-binding international confidence building and transparency measure that seeks to prevent the proliferation of ballistic missiles that are capable of delivering weapons of mass destruction.
2. Two Indian-origin women have featured on the Forbes’ annual list of America’s 60 wealthiest and most successful self-made women entrepreneurs. India-born Neerja Sethi, who co-founded IT consulting and outsourcing firm ‘Syntel’, is ranked 16th in list while president and CEO of Arista Networks Jayshree Ullal (55) is ranked 30th.
3. India and Tunisia signed two MoUs on promotion of handicrafts and IT and communication and digital economy.
4. ESPN released the list of top 100 global sports personalities. Real Madrid’s superstar Cristiano Ronaldo tops the list. Kohli is No. 8 while Dhoni is No. 13 in the list of ESPN world fame 100 ranking. Apart from this Indian tennis star Sania Mirza is also included in this list, she is at No. 41.
5. N.K.Chari has been appointed as the new Managing Director of State Bank of Mysore.
6. Public Sector Telecom Company, BSNL announced partnership with Hitachi Payment Services for facilitating round-the-clock phone bill payment through ATM.
7. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks to immediately put in place a cyber-security to protect the banking system from Internet-based threats.
8. V.O. Chidambaranar Port has bagged National Award for Excellence in Cost Management for the year 2015 from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India under the category of Public Service Sector. This is the third time this port is receiving the award, the earlier years being 2008 and 2012.
9. Two Indian-origin women (Neerja Sethi & Jayshree Ulla) in Forbes' Self-Made American Women List
10. P Dhanapal re-elected as Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Speaker
11. Nita Ambani was nominated as a candidate to be a new International Olympic Committee (IOC) member.
12. Indian banker Raghavan Seetharaman awarded Green Economy Visionary Award
13. The Unseen Indira Gandhi authored by Dr KP Mathur released
14. Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse resigns
15. Shamkir International Chess Tournament: P Harikrishna holds position in top 15 World rankings
16. PM Modi, President Ghani inaugurate Salma Dam in Herat
17. Leander Paes & Martina Hingis defeated Sania Mirza & Ivan Dodig to won the French Open mixed doubles final at Roland Garros.
18. India is the world’s 70th good country to live in amongst 163 other nations.
Current Affairs Quiz: