Windows Programming , API , Message Loop , GDI , What is a menu?What are its types? , Message processing , Dynamic link libraries , Document-view architecture , Message map , Cscrollview class , Dialog controls , VC++ components , VC++ program , DLL , DCOM , Object Model , OLE , RFX , COM , ODBC , DAO ,
Hi friends, here Neeraj Yadav uploaded notes for Visual C++ Programming with title Visual C++ Programming lecture notes E-book Pdf for free download. You can download this lecture notes,
ebook by clicking on the below file name or icon.
This Ebook Contain-
Unit – I
1. What isWindows Programming?
2. What is an API?
3. Write the ways of implementing API?
4. What are the uses of kernel, user and GDI Libraries?
5. Name any platform independent API?
6. What are the steps required to create a window?
7. How to register a window class?
8. What is a window class?
9. How to create a window?
10. Define Message Loop?
11.What is the use of GetMessage?
12.What is the use of TranslateMessage?
13.What is the use of Dispatch Message?
14.What are the actions of windows procedure?
15.What is the value returned from GetMessage?
16.What isWM_PAINT message?
17. How does a client area become invalid?
18.WM_PAINT message is processed?
19.What isWM_DESTROY message?
20. How the program is terminated?
21.What is GDI?
22. Define Scroll bar and what are the message generated?
23.What is a keyboard accelerator?What are the messages generated?
24.What are the types of messages generated by a mouse?
25.What is a menu?What are its types?
Part B( from charles petzold)
1. Creation ofWindow.(page 57)
2. Implement Scroll bar control(page 97)
3. explain GDI concepts (page 121)
4. How to draw rectangle and clipping( page 196)
5. Mouse movement programs ( page 273)
6. Child window control like list box etc(page 401)
Unit – II and III
1. What is message processing?
2. Give some messages used in windows?
3. What is GDI?
4. What are dynamic link libraries?
5. What is an application framework?
6. Mention some of the program elements?
7. Explain the document-view architecture?
8. What is a view?
9. Difference between Single Document Interface and Multiple Document Interface?
10. Mention some window resources?
11. Explain message map?
12.What isWindow’s Client area?
13.What is Cscrollview class?
14. Explain about accepting keyboard input?
15. Explain WM_CREATE andWM_CLOSE message?
16. Explain the display context classes CClientDC and CWindowDC?
17.What is the state of the device context?
18.What are GDI objects?
19. Mention some of the GDI derived classes?
20. Difference between modal and modeless dialogs?
21.What is system modal dialog?
22. List some of the COMDLG32 classes?
23.What are dialog controls?
24. Mention some of the windows common control?
25. Explain WM_NOTIFY Message?
Part B( refer David kruglinski)
1. Explain VC++ components.(page6)
2. Explain MFC ( to explain SDI, MDI, and Dialog Based)( page 31)
3. Write a program to draw a sine wave without using MFC( refer windows
4. Write a VC++ program to implement property sheets.
5. Write a VC++ program to add images to the tree list view control.
6. Menu, Popup menu and keyboard accelerators.
7. Colors and Fonts.
8. Explain Toolbar and Status bar
9. Explain Modal and Modeless dialog.( page 103).
10. ExplainWindows common dialog Control.( page 147)
11. Write a VC++ program to show the uses of slider control, spin button control and
tool tip control.
12. Write a program to draw a text in a window.
13. Implement DLL concepts
14. Explain ClassWizard and application wizard.
15. Write a VC++ program to create Combo box and push button.
16. Explain about Serialization (Document View Architecture).
Unit – IV & V
(1) What is DLL?
(2) What are the advantages of using DLL?
(3) What are the disadvantages of using DLL?
(4) What do you mean by Resource DLL?
(5) How to create own DLLs?
(6) What is DLLMain ( )?
(7) Write short notes on the memory issues of DLL.
(8) What is Load Library ( ) function?
(9) What is Free Library ( ) function?
(10)What is GetProcAddress( ) function?
(11) Define Object Model.
(12)What is DCOM?
(13)What are main features of COM?
(14)What are the methods of Binary Interface method?
(15)Write short notes on Threading Model.
(16) Write short notes on Versioning.
(17) What is MTS?
(18) Define OLE.
(19) What are the applications of OLE?
(20) What is RFX and where it is used?
(21) What is the use of CRecordSet :: dynamic?
(22) What are the steps to create sample database?
(23) Write the general syntax to create a table. Give one example.
(24) How to use Single Row Functions?
(25) What are Data transfer and its two structures?
(26)What is the use of CFile Dialog Class?
(27)Which header file contains Ctoolbar class?
(28) Explain ISAPI server?
1. Explain ActiveX control through VC++ program.
2. Explain about COM and what way it is different with CORBA.
3. Explain OLE control.
4. Explain Space ship program.
5. Explain ODBC architecture with MFC ODBC classes.
6. Explain DAO concepts through VC++ program.
7. Employee or Student Database creation.
8. Explain how to implement Sound and Video files.