SISD(Single Instruction Stream-Single Data Stream)
• A single-processor computer (uniprocessor) in which a single stream of
instructions is generated from the program.
SIMD(Single Instruction Stream-Multiple Data Stream)
• Each instruction is executed on a different set of data by different
processors. (Used for vector and array processing)
MISD(Multiple Instruction Stream-Single Data Stream)
• Each processor executes a different sequence of instructions.
• Never been commercially implemented.
MIMD(Multiple Instruction Stream-Multiple Data Stream)
• Each processor has a separate program.
• An instruction stream is generated from each program.
• Each instruction operates on different data.