Table of Contents
• I. What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
• II. What are Expert Systems (ES)?
◦ Functional Components
◦ Structural Components
• III. How do People Reason?
• IV. How do Computers Reason?
◦ IV-1. Frames
◦ IV-2. Rule Based Reasoning
◾ IV-2a. Knowledge Engineering
◦ IV-3. Case-Based Reasoning
◦ IV-4. Neural Networks
• V. Advantages and Disadvantages
• VI. Additional Sources of Information
◦ VI-1. Additional Sources on World Wide Web
◾ Accounting Expert Systems Applications compiled by Carol E. Brown
◾ Artificial Intelligence in Business by Daniel E. O'Leary
◾ Artificial Intelligence / Expert Systems Section of the American Accounting
◾ International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and
◾ VI-2. Recent Books of Readings
◾ VI-3. References Used for Definitions
• Photocopy Permission