What is an artificial neural network?
An artificial neural network is a system based on the operation of biological neural
networks, in other words, is an emulation of biological neural system. Why would be
necessary the implementation of artificial neural networks? Although computing these
days is truly advanced, there are certain tasks that a program made for a common
microprocessor is unable to perform; even so a software implementation of a neural
network can be made with their advantages and disadvantages.
• A neural network can perform tasks that a linear program can not.
• When an element of the neural network fails, it can continue without any problem
by their parallel nature.
• A neural network learns and does not need to be reprogrammed.
• It can be implemented in any application.
• It can be implemented without any problem.